Free To Shine’s volunteers and interns play key roles in the organisation’s success and growth. Our work can be difficult and confronting as we acknowledge that we are working with one of the most abhorrent forms of child abuse, yet we strive to remain positive and solution-focused in all that we do.
Position Available: Graphic Design Intern Full position description here
You will receive practical experience working within a professional organisation. 100 hours of work experience to add to your resume. Insight into International Aid and Development and Non-government Organisations (NGOs) structures and procedures. The opportunity to work with a group of like-minded individuals and the knowledge that you are assisting to make a difference in the lives of young girls at risk of sex trafficking in Cambodia.
The work will be varied, but may consist of:
– Designing social media marketing materials and other digital design.
– Designing campaign materials, posters, banners, flyers and other print material.
– Ensuring all design work is of a high standard and consistent with the brand image.
– Assisting with extra tasks as required by the Design Manager.
Location: This position will not be limited by location as majority of the work will be completed off-site. Preference will go to those in Melbourne.
Job Type: Internship: 100 hours of a volunteer internship over three months (one full day per week)
Closing Date: 17th of August, 2017
Volunteer / Intern in Australia
Volunteer teams are located in Melbourne, Sydney, and the Sunshine Coast, and positions are available year round. Internships are currently only available on the Sunshine Coast and in Melbourne. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, send us your resume and covering letter and any ideas you have about how you can help.
Volunteer in Cambodia
We are unable to accept short-term volunteers or interns in Free To Shine’s in-country office due to our commitment to the integrity of our program and the safety of our girls. Free To Shine’s Cambodian team consists of a small group of qualified, long-term International volunteers who support our Khmer team of Program Officer, Social Workers, and Education Officers.
What do our volunteers do?
- Raise our profile (e.g., get articles printed in the local and national press; secure radio interviews)
- Assist with campaigns (e.g., recruit runners for our Run For A Reason campaign; manage our Be Free Yoga campaign)
- Hold fundraising events (help organise our Masquerade Balls; run market stalls to raise awareness and funds; hold movie nights)
- Operate our social media platforms – we’ve currently got Facebook and Instagram covered, but would love a sharp writer to manage our Twitter account
- Contribute to program administration (e.g., process applications on new girls; write details to new sponsors)
What do you get out of it?
- The opportunity to work with a group of like-minded individuals
- Practical experience in the International Aid and Development sector, and exposure to an International Non-Government Organisation’s (NGO’s) structures and procedures
- The opportunity to develop new skills and build on old ones
- Knowledge that you are assisting to make a difference to the lives of young girls at risk of sex slavery in Cambodia
Who and what are we looking for?
- Hardworking people who focus on quality and results
- Passion and determination to make a difference
- Dynamism and a proactive approach
- Flexibility & a willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve program goals